The weather has been cold, cold, cold in Boston the last couple of weeks, so in my mind the Business Communications event season is coming at just the right time, starting with IT Expo next week in Ft. Lauderdale. Yeah, the weather is only going to be in high 60s/low 70s, but that’s a good 50 degrees warmer than here, so I’ll take it. Add in some great content, keynotes and exhibitors and now we’re cooking. Here’s what’s on tap with events coming up in the next few months.
Let’s Meet Up at IT Expo
I’ll be heading down to Florida, much to my kid’s disgust, for IT Expo next week. Tweet me @TheUCBuyer if you want to connect or have me drop by your booth. There are some great sessions to dig into, covering some of the key trends impacting the communications technology space. Here are a few I’m planning on hitting up:
- Video as a competitive advantage - covering how to use video as a marketing and sales tool to increase brand awareness, differentiate yourself and dominate your competitors. It will be interesting to see if they focus on video in communications as a strategic asset or simply video in marketing.
- Controlling the Unknown: Unified communications Deployment Risks and Mitigation - I’m always interested in what other people are seeing and how they are working to ensure a successful implementation and widespread UC adoption.
- Navigating the Digital Telco Transformation - If you think businesses are working hard to adapt to the modern communications environment, imagine what the service providers are having to deal with. This should be an interesting panel discussion reviewing how their business models, offerings and networks are adapting, which of course impacts all of us.
- Keynote: The Secrets to Successful Partnering Between Marketing and Sales in a Digital World by Mark Roberts from Shoretel. The nexus of how all these new forms of communications impact marketing and sales and how they can come together to create a cohesive whole. Should be interesting.
What will you be looking for down there. Let me know in the comments section below.
Getting Ready for Enterprise Connect in Orlando
I am really looking forward to Enterprise Connect down in Orlando (March 7 - 10). Last year was crowded in the cloud PBX / UCaaS space and I expect to see more of that this year. We also saw WebRTC begin to take center stage and I’m confident we will see many more examples of how this technology is being integrated into business apps.
I think it is interesting that the main tagline for the event is: Plan for Your Next Communications & Collaboration Systems Migration! This seems right on the money to me as we are in the large-scale adoption phase of unified communications. For companies that haven’t begun the process of moving to a modern system the time is now, and for those who have, many are looking at ways to take things to the next level. Expect a “What to Expect at Enterprise Connect” post coming soon. Register here for the event and hit me up on Twitter if you are going to be there.
UC Expo Ready to Take Europe By Storm in April
UC Expo, the largest Unified Communication and Collaboration event in Europe is coming up quickly. Taking place on April 19-20 in London, this year’s speaker line-up includes Thomas Davies, Director of Google for Work in EMEA, who will explore key unified communications trends for the next 12 months and discuss how businesses across all industries – from banking to retail – are already transforming the way their employees work globally.
Other notable speakers include:
- Marianne Calder, Cisco’s Managing Director for EMEAR
- Collaboration and Video Business; Julien Codorniou, Director, Facebook at Work; Avaya’s EU
- Director and Chief Architect for Digital Enterprise, Aaron Miller; Tom Arbuthnot, Principal Solutions
- Architect at UC specialist, Modality Systems; and Dean Bubley, founder of technology analyst and consulting firm, Disruptive Analysis.
Based on our traffic patterns and registrations at The UC Buyer, The UC&C market is really heating up in Europe, and as the Director of Strategy for the event mentioned, “ With employee expectations and businesses’ desire to have an increasingly international talent pool at their fingertips, businesses are chomping at the bit for tools and services that will make them better equipped for a more secure, productive and collaborative workforce.”
I’m still hoping to make it there myself this year, but if you are considering it, you can register here….should be a great event.
Here’s to winter events in Florida. They couldn’t be coming at a better time!